Sunday, August 2, 2020

Quilting some UFOs


Since I haven't been teaching classes, I have more free time lately. I wish I could say I'm using the time to the utmost. I'm not. But I have been working on getting some quilts from the UFO pile quilted. 
I don't have as many unfinished or in progress quilt projects as many people do because I have to finish them in order to use them for class models. I haven't always quilted them before using them. It is easier to hang quilts unquilted, plus I didn't always have the time to get it done. 
I started a series of samplers that I designed to help teach different aspects of quilting. These proved to be popular, so I continued. This was #5, Row by Row, which I made in about 2007. I always use a different setting and different blocks. Eventually I started designing new blocks as well, but for this one I used traditional blocks.
My quilting machine is an oldie and doesn't always want to cooperate, (or it might be me not being consistent in my movements....), but it's been working pretty well lately. Conrad has really taken a fancy to this quilt, taking every opportunity before and after the binding to sleep on it.  
It is hard to bind with him around sometimes!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love your quilt inspector, Conrad. I would say the quilt has passed inspection. It is a beautiful quilt.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love the pattern of the quilt and your on looker. Take care neighbor from Omaha.