Friday, November 26, 2021

Finishing a Stack N Whack



 
I've been working on getting some oldies but goodies quilted and finished this year. I made several Stack N Whack from Bethany Reynold's book and taught the technique in classes, but never got this Lemoyne Star top finished.




I know a lot of quilters make lists of UFOs and tick them off as they go. I like that idea, but didn't think of doing it with these tops. I realize the blue dots probably don't really go with the style of fabric on the front, but the blue sort of matches the blue in the quilt and that has to be good enough this time. 😀 

I ordered it along with 3 others when an online shop had a good sale. So I am set to quilt the next 3 ufos too. I think the quilt panto looks like cinnamon rolls.



 It's a whole lot of yellow, but I wanted the kaleidescope blocks to blend in with the background and 
do love the result.

I had a hard time finding a binding as the colors in this print are unusual, but I think this rusty burgandy works.






1 comment:

Karen said...

I love the soft colors you used on this quilt. Beautiful!