Sunday, January 9, 2022

Family times

December was a busy month and we had a couple of family gatherings. It was nice to get together with family again. I got to meet my new great nephew, Hayden when he came to visit from Wisconsin. What a cutie and had lots of smiles to share. I had made him a quilt using 2 different block patterns from Sew Fresh Quilts.  I love her animal patterns and she offers quilt patterns and also some of the cute blocks as stand alone block patterns. I used the Love Birds block, the Elephant block and some half square triangles to make a design of my own. The patterns are easy to download and follow. I've used several of her other patterns to make similarly adorable dog quilts. I'm working on some cats now.


 
Do you label your quilts? I try to and have started adding a baby pic to the label for these family quilts.

Elephant Walk

This really has nothing to do with anything, but doesn't Conrad look warm and comfy? I made this basket a few months ago, but it was empty the other day and he claimed it.



I have been quilting and finishing some quilts I designed and taught classes on when I started teaching classes about 16 years ago. I gifted one each to my sisters and brother. (He was gone when I took this picture. I also gave quilts to my daughters and son-in-law for Christmas. 


This is my daughter Wendy with her quilt. I need to nudge the others to take pix with theirs so I have them. 

I bet there were lots of quilts gifted over the holidays!


4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Hayden is adorable. I love how you incorporated his pic on the label. Great idea. Lorna's patterns are brilliant that they are cute alone and can also be combined with her other designs. Nice!

Karen said...

I love Hayden's smile! Such a cutie! His quilt is also adorable. How nice you were able to give your sisters and brother quilts for Christmas. Love the one you gave Wendy. Can't wait to see the others.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a great idea to get all of the class samples finished for gifts for the family. I bet it feels good to get the quilt top count down.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love Sew Fresh Quilts patterns too, and was looking at the elephant blocks I made just a couple of minutes ago. Love the way you incorporated all the different designs into one quilt and the way you incorporated the photo in the label.