Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Piping Hot Topper



 I've designed a series of tabletopper/runner style quilts that I'm teaching monthly right now. The first one was the Piping Hot Topper. I chose it to be first because it's an all around fun design and easy to make using just about any fabrics. Holiday prints and other novelties can easily be fussy cut and used in the square in a square blocks. We had a lot of fun checking out everyone's fabrics. I gave them a precutting list, so some of them finished the top in class. It finishes at 30". 









If you click on the pictures, you can see each one had a theme. The pattern can be used in different ways. I made these pillows by using the pattern but differently.


This pillow uses the center of the pattern only.
This pillow uses the whole pattern except the last border. It showcases the cute gnomes in the square in a square blocks too.  I like patterns that can be adjusted to make other things. This one does it very easily. Now that I've taught the pattern in class, it is offered in my Quiltinjeanie Designs Etsy shop for purchase. The others will be offered there as well once I've taught the class. Next up in class next week is Spicy Jars. 


my Piping Hot Topper



1 comment:

Karen said...

This was a fun topper to make! Thanks!