Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Family time & quilting time



 Yesterday was great, sewing with friends all day. I got the rest of my Hollow Cubes Too triangles cut out and want to finish sewing the other side pieces on today...then I will be ready to figure out the layout. I really like this quilt and will be excited to see it come to life!  

I am heading up to my hometown for some family sewing/chatting time today. I plan on stopping at the Harlan quilt store on my way. They are having a big sale for the Iowa shop hop, so I have to check it out.


My sister, Nancy,  wants to work on her quilt, so we will be having a mini sewing retreat the next 2 days. I am taking several projects to work on, but will probably spend most of my time working on a new Potato Chip quilt. I designed this quilt several years ago, and gave away the one I made. I want to make a new one so if I want to teach the class, I have my own model. (Plus it's just fun and easy to make!) I borrowed my mom's quilt the last time I taught it!

My two other sisters that live in Earling have to work today, but one is coming tomorrow to sew in the afternoon. She has some bindings to work on

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Your Hollow Cubes are looking great!

How fun - a quilt retreat with your sisters! Hope you have a wonderful time.