Thursday, July 11, 2013

Kid's Camp pillow fun!

 I taught another Kids Camp session of the Cobblestone Pillow yesterday. These girls did a wonderful job! Jackie is taking hers to the fair and hopes to earn a ribbon.
 Mia just loves to sew and had taken the Flop-Easy Pillow class last winter. She made hers to match her bedspread.
When I teach kids camps I limit the class size to four or five so that I can help them when they need help.      Usually they are beginners and don't have much machine experience. I had 3 more girls signed up for the class yesterday, but they didn't come so I'm not sure what happened.  The camps have been really popular this year, I have taught four so far and have two more PJ Pants classes next week. Many of them are getting ready for fair, so I want to go to the fair and see all of their cute projects!

After supper last night I worked on my English Paper Piecing Hexie project for awhile. As you can see if you follow the link, I started this quite a while ago. I worked on it off and on in the evenings for awhile, but  I really haven't worked on it for a long time. Seeing Mary working on hers at Quiltfest, plus someone brought theirs to sewing day the other day got me thinking about it again, so maybe I can get it finished this time. It was never going to be a big quilt, I just wanted to try out the technique.

The weather is supposed to be a little cooler today...80s instead of 90s. I plan on loading a quilt on the machine so that I can quilt it over the next few days. I need to keep that machine humming as well as my sewing machine this summer! I want to get back to the letter project too. No rest for the quilters!

3 comments:

Julianne said...

I bet it is fun to work with kids.. Looks like a nice project for them to.

Chris H said...

Awww how cute are those kids with their pillows! They did well, probably down to having a lovely teacher.

Karen said...

The girls made wonderful pillows. Good luck with your hexies. I've been thinking I need to get mine out too.