Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tuesday sewing day & class

Tuesday is becoming sewing day for some of us this summer...we've been meeting the past few Tuesdays to sew in the classroom at the store. I love the chance to sew with others! I got the St Marks quilt sewn together so am ready to make the borders.


As I was cutting the diamonds for this quilt, I had some 1 1/2" - 3" strips left over so I sewed them together in sets. I plan on cutting these up and making a  border with them and sandwiching it in between borders of the dark blue floral. Hopefully I will get this top finished today. I really need to shop for backs now, as I need a back for my daughter's asian Circle and Spin quilt too.
Laura continued work on her Spiraling Out Sampler #13...she is now officially caught up!
Diana finished her Circle and Spin top. She was working on this one on a past Tuesday sew-in day.
 Dianne finished her Twisterweave Mystery Quilt. Betty was there working on her mystery quilt as well, but I didn't get a picture of hers. Yet. I will. She missed the last class, so had a little catching up to do.
 Diana finished this one at home so brought to share. This is her Jigsaw Puzzle #2.
 Dianne had borders to put on this one, so finished it in no time.
 I also had the last session of the Centrifuge Sampler Quilt Tuesday night. Several ladies put their blocks on the design walls so I snapped some pix of that as well.
 It is always fun to see my patterns come to life with someone else's fabric choices.

It is going to hit 100 here today, so after our unseasonably cool summer weather, we will be sweating today! We are hoping it will dry things up a bit here too. The flooding goes on in this area, though we personally haven't had any ill effects yet, and we had about 3" of rain over the weekend. I know some people in the south really need rain, so I wish we could build a pipeline and send it to them!

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

looks like you had a lot of fun. Beautiful quilt to look at.

Judi said...

great eyecandy. I would love to be in one of your classes. Love all of your patterns.

Stay safe this weekend from the heat. It's sure a hot one this weekend.

Vivian said...

The little thumbnail of your diamonds quilt that shows up on blog lists is totally cool. There's something about that miniature view that gives a new look to the quilt. It's so artistic and colorful. Thanks for sharing all the quilty adventures going on. Talent galore.
Stay cool. Super highs here too, all the way up to the MN border. I know the growing corn must love all this heat and humidity. I don't.