Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A little more Zig and a lot of Zag

 I made a few more blocks last night and started putting them together. This will be a small quilt/tabletopper, though you could just keep making them to make a large quilt. I don't want to scare people away from taking the class so I am keeping the project small.
Most of the students I have had in class just don't enjoy paper piecing very much. I hope by showing them this new method that they will be more excited to try it. Plus making the blocks with all scraps is just fun!
I hope to finish it tonight. What was your favorite paper pieced project?




3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Those are just beautiful blocks. I love the idea for scraps.

Vicki in MN said...

Awesome idea for using some scraps, I am trying to make some charity quilts and I think this would be great. Did you have a pattern for the diamond block or just made it up yourself?

Karen said...

That is coming along nicely. I've done a few blocks, but never a whole project. Can hardly wait to see how you finish it. :-)