Monday, February 25, 2013

Back to work.....

Another project I worked on during the retreat were these new pillows for the window seat in the media center at school. I had made some with circular patterns, and wanted some more with a different graphic pattern. I used the same bright colors, just cut them up differently. I have 5 centers made, so two more to finish into pillows.  I think these will look good with what I have already.
 I finished these woven border blocks yesterday. Now to get the rest of the blocks for this quilt finished.

 Cindy made this beautiful Twister baby quilt yesterday. Love the baby twisters!
 Diana was able to join us Sat. for our last night. She is working feverishly on finishing up her college degree. She will student teach in Aug and then have more time to play with us! She has three kids that keep her pretty busy too! She taught a friend to quilt so that she could make something with her many pieces of African fabric. Diana brought it along to finish the binding for her. It is so beautiful, this pic can't do justice to the bright prints.
Rose is making a quilty shower curtain. She saw one at a friend's house and wanted to try it.

We had so much fun. The kind of retreat we go on takes a bit of planning, but if you can find a suitable place for a group to sew and sleep, the rest falls into place. Now back to work.....sigh....

3 comments:

Julianne said...

It looks like you all had so much fun. I love the pillows.

Barb said...

The pillows look wonderful...love the quilts!

Needled Mom said...

I love the colors in the pillows. It looks like all had fun.