Monday, March 4, 2013

A fresh start

I did a little cleaning yesterday, but then got to work on another of the blocks for Sampler 17. I didn't sew all week, and I really need to get this quilt sewn! It's an interesting block with some 3D properties. I didn't clean all week either, so have some serious catching up to do around here, too.
My daughter called me about noon and asked if I wanted to go house hunting with her, so I spent the rest of the afternoon going to open houses. That's always fun! My sister, and several nieces and nephews came down to go to a concert in Omaha, so we went out to eat with them before the concert at Vivace's in the Old Market. I haven't eaten there before, so it was fun to try a new restaurant.  They had many pasta dishes, pizza and sandwiches. I tried the pizza...it was delish!

We ordered one of those large vinyl wall art trees for the library wall, so I hope to get that on the wall today. I have never put up anything like that, so hope it goes well. Any advice on putting up the vinyl wall art? It's really big, but in 6 pieces so seems doable with a little help. We'll see!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

That is a great looking block!!!

I've done the vinyl before and it was easy, but the pieces don't sound as large as yours are. Good luck with them.