Sunday, November 24, 2013

A great Sidekick!


I spent some time playing with the Sidekick ruler by Jaybird Quilts the other night. I am demonstrating this ruler at Cut Up and Quilt next Saturday as part of their After Thanksgiving Saturday sale. Like the Hex N More ruler, this ruler has many functions, but I'm working on the Rock Candy pattern for this demo. The ruler is easy to use and she has many great patterns to use it on! I spent quite a bit of time rearranging these diamonds, but of course I forgot to take pix as I went. This is the final layout.

I plan on sewing this together today, but would love to finish quilting Owen's quilt too, so it's a good thing I cleaned last night! Yep, don't fall over in a faint...I am not sure what came over me, but I got a burst of energy after supper last night and cleaned for over 2 hours. I hope you are getting some sewing/quilting time on this cold Sunday. 

1 comment:

Barb said...

I have n't heard of this ruler, need to go and check it out.