Saturday, May 9, 2020

Garden Window Sampler Finish

I'm not sure what I've been doing the past few weeks. Seems like I stay busy, but my house isn't spotless and my sewing isn't all caught up. Do you feel like that too? I think I get more done when I have a schedule of classes to teach and some 'at home time'. I have been working on my Etsy Shop, however. I've been trying to get it up and running since Craftsy closed. It would seem like it wouldn't take that long to list patterns, but finding multiple pictures, making sure the pattern is updated and in the right format...it all takes time. I don't have all my designs there yet, but a good portion of the newer ones are there now, including the Circle and Spin series quilts. 
 
I have been doing some gardening. Have some tomato plants getting used to being outside. They are ready to plant, but we have had a few cool nights with frost warnings (can you believe that?) so I have only planted the Early Girl so far. I don't do any canning anymore, but like to have them to eat and share.

I bound an oldy but goody yesterday. Garden Window Sampler #3 is one of the first quilts I designed after I started teaching classes and I've taught it many times. It introduced the 3D sashing that students learned to make as well as an easy paper-pieced birdhouse.  I used to hang quilts on the walls of the classroom when I taught at Hancock Fabrics, so it was better if they weren't quilted. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) My friend Cindy quilted it recently so it was almost to the finish line. 
I love the springiness of this quilt and it was fun taking it outside for pix on the grass. 



3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My house isn't spotless and I'll never get totally caught up with the sewing so I'm right there with you. I used to have a lot of class sample tops too. It was much easier to hang them at the store and to transport several examples to classes.

Karen said...

A very cheerful quilt! Glad it's getting close to the finish line, it deserves to be done since it's so pretty.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yes, nice cheerful, Springy quilt.