Monday, November 25, 2013

Rock Candy plus one!

I got the Rock Candy tabletopper finished yesterday....This pattern uses the 2 1/2" diamond and triangle section on the ruler so you can use jelly rolls or cut charms in half. I wanted to see how it would look to use the 4 1/2" diamond and triangle ( there are 4 sizes available) and I just happened to have some batiks handy that I was using for the colorwheel project, so I started cutting 4 1/2" strips and cutting them into diamonds.
I colorized this one using 2 colors for each pie shape and gold around the outside edge.

It's Conrad approved!
I haven't added the border to the outer edge yet, but you can see the difference in size between the two at this point. I definitely like this ruler, it's a precise and easy way to cut these shapes. It also cuts half triangles in 4 sizes, with I didn't need for this project.

No comments: