Saturday, April 6, 2013

Lotus class today!

 I am teaching the Lotus Quilt class today at Cut Up and Quilt. I really like this graphic quilt and it's all made using the HexNMore ruler. The designer also has a paper template in the pattern as well, in case you don't have the ruler. The ruler just makes it easier to cut! As I made this quilt, I started seeing a flower pattern, so I had to try that out as well. Once it's sewn together, it's hard to see that they are from the same pattern. It changes the look totally.

I haven't had time to quilt this one yet, and really haven't even taken a decent picture of it. I will have to work on that.

You have lots of scraps left from cutting this one and trimming the sides, so I played with those, too and plan to show some ideas of things to do with them in class as well. I love figuring out ways to use the leftovers.....it's almost as much fun as making the quilt.

After class, my daughters and I are going to Earling to celebrate my dad's birthday. He will be 89 on Tuesday. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Barb said...

That looks like a fun class...love the quilt.